Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First post, a little about me!

Alright, a blog.

Everyone on Etsy says it's a good idea and it's good for sales, and all the teams and such that I'm in have one, so I figured, why not.

I guess a little about me first. I grew up about an hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
I went to college for my intro course in communication art with the hopes that it would lead to my acceptance to a graphic design program. It did, but I decided that design wasn't for me because it was too competitive. I changed schools. Went to university to get a degree in Asian studies. I wanted to teach in Japan and needed a degree. So, I did two yeas in uni, then an internship teaching in Japan, and then 2 more years of uni, found out just weeks before graduation that I wasn't able to graduate. I got fed up with it all. I didn't really want to teach in Japan anymore anyways, I loved it there, but teaching was not my thing. So I packed it all up and moved myself to Toronto.

And here I am.

I'm starting school in September for fashion design. I know, I know. It's going to be just as competitive, if not more so, than graphic design. But I was way too young then to know what I wanted and how the world worked. I feel fresh and ready for this challenge!

So now I'm working full time at a punk/goth clothing shop and loving it! And I'm selling some hand made stuff on Etsy just for fun!

Here's my shop link:

http://www.sphider.etsy.com

Come check it out!
Leave a comment below!
Follow me!
And keep on rocking in the free world!

No comments:

Post a Comment